The Alcohol allowance for passengers arriving to UK from outside the EU is
- beer – 16 litres
- wine (not sparkling) – 4 litres
- spirits and other liquors over 22% alcohol – 1 litre
- fortified wine (eg port, sherry), sparkling wine and alcoholic drinks up to 22% alcohol – 2 litres
You can split this last allowance, eg you could bring 1 litre of fortified wine and half a litre of spirits (both half of your allowance).
Duty Free Allowances for Alcohol if you are under 17 years
- No duty-free allowances for alcohol
- You can bring for your own use by paying tax to the customs
Allowance for other goods
You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).
Cost to pay when the item is over allowance
If the item is over your allowance, you should pay 2.5 % for goods worth up to £630.
For more information, you contact “VAT, Customs and Excise ” department
VAT registration number: 0300 200 3700
Textphone: 0300 200 3719
Outside UK: +44 2920 501 261
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Closed weekends and bank holidays