Eastern Air Lines, also colloquially known as Eastern, was a major American airline from 1926 to 1991. Before its dissolution, it was headquartered at Miami International Airport in an unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Eastern was one of the “Big Four” domestic airlines created by the Spoils Conferences of 1930, and was headed by World War I flying ace Eddie Rickenbacker in its early years. It had a near monopoly in air travel between New York and Florida from the 1930s until the 1950s and dominated this market for decades afterward.
Eastern Air Lines Hand|Cabin Baggage Allowance
- Carry On bag ( roller bag, garment bag, tote bag,) may not exceed 22 pounds / 10 kilograms
- It may not exceed external dimensions of 9” x 14” x 22” / 23 cm x 36 cm x 56 cm
Eastern Air Lines Checked Baggage Allowance
- Max size: 157cm (62”) total combined dimensions
- Max weight: Up to 70lbs/32kg is included. Maximum weight is 100lbs/45kg
Eastern Air Lines Excess Baggage Allowance
- Oversized baggage must be purchased at the airport so an agent can determine the extra weight.
For more details: https://iflyea.com/faq/