Due to the novel CoronaVirus (nCoVid 19), many countries restricted the travel. Update your contact details via Manage booking to receive the latest updates or notifications regarding coronavirus or any updates in Ethiopian airline. Customers can also check the website for the latest flight updates, rebooking and refund options.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to the following destinations due to CoronaVirus (nCoVid 19)
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Angola
- All commercial flights are closed on LUANDA Airport – Effective 20 Mar20 (00:00H) until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Argentina
- All commercial flights are suspended from 19th March until further notice
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Australia & New Zealand
Australia & New Zealand
- Aall non-residents, non-Australian citizens coming to Australia Effective March 20, 2020.
- All non-residents, non-New Zealand citizens coming to New Zealand effective 19th March Mid-night (Thursday-Midnight).
- Note: Please accept only Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Bahrain
- Ethiopian Airlines Operation to/from Bahrain suspended effective Wednesday 18 March 2020 at 03:00 LT for 14 days.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Benin
- New Benin Entry visas will not be issued.
- All travelers coming to Benin by Air will be quarantined compulsory for 14 Days in the hotel selected by the Government. Benin Government will pay for Benin nationals and other nationals have to pay by themselves.
- The preparation of the pilgrim program is suspended.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Botswana
- All individuals coming to Botswana from China, Japan, South Korea, Iran, USA, UK, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and India are not allowed.
- Issuance of Visa at Ports of entry and at all Embassies is suspended with immediate effect. Current visas are cancelled with immediate effect until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Burkina Faso
- Flights are cancelled from 22Mar to 02Apr (ET937/936/22MAR-02APR XXLD) due to operational reasons.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Cameron
- Cameroon’s land, air and sea borders are closed from Wednesday 18 March 2020 0:00 AM
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Canada
- Suspension of all passenger flights to Chad effective 19 March 2020 midnight for a period of 14 days to contain COVID-19 pandemic.
- All passengers arriving from COVID -19 affected countries from Mar 17-19, 2020 will be quarantined for 14 days effective immediately.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Congo Brazzaville
- Congo Brazzaville suspends all flights until further notice effective immediately.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to COTE D IVOIRE
COTE D IVOIRE
- For 15 days, from 16 Mar2020 at midnight, Cote D Ivoire has restricted non-Ivorian passengers from countries with 100 and more confirmed cases of COVID -19 from entering into the country.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Djibouti
- Djibouti airport will be closed for all commercial passenger flights – Effective from 18 Mar 2020 until further notice.
- This prohibition does not apply to cargo flights which are authorized to operate normally.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Democratic Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Passenger flights – Effective 21, 2020 until further notice
- All international flights to/from all Egyptian Airports are suspended except cargo flights effective March 19, 2020 1000EST to March 31, 2020 2200EST.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Equatorial Guinea
- All international flights – From 15-March-2020 to 15-April-2020. This can be extended based on the evolution of the crisis.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Ghana
- All travel to Ghana is strongly discouraged until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to India
- All commercial flights are suspended – From 22 Mar 2020 to 29 Mar 2020 for one week
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Israel
- Entry of Foreign citizens to Israel will be prohibited.
As of 18 Mar 2020, and until further notice
- Foreign citizens will not be allowed to board the flights to Israel and their entry to Israel will be prohibited, even if they received Authorization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Health. Expect of those that received special permission from the Immigration Authority in Ben Gurion Airport.
- For any special cases you or your representative can refer to the Immigration Authority in Ben Gurion Airport. Please make sure that you have the Passport details of the Passenger.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Italy
- Temporary Suspension of Operation to Milan, Italy effective 17th March 2020.
- Flights to Milan, Malpensa are suspended from 17th March 2020 until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Japan
- Passengers from Daegu ; Cheongdo-gun & Gyeongsangbuk-do regions of Korea & passengers from Hubei & Zhejiang provinces of China are not allowed to land in Japan.
- Japan has restricted entry of passengers who have been in Iceland, Liguria, Valle D’aosta, Trentini Alto Adige, Friuli, Venezia Giulia and Aosta Valley of Italian Republic, Canton of Ticino and Canton of Basel Stadt of Swiss Confederation and autonomous Community of Navarre, Madrid, Region, Basque Country and La Rioja of Kingdom of Spain within 14 days before their application for landing in Japan.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Kenya
- Travel for all passengers coming into Kenya from any country with reported coronavirus cases is suspended.
- Only Kenyan citizens and foreigners with valid residence will be permitted to enter the country.
- This directive will remain in effect for the next 30 days.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Kuwait
- Kuwait has prohibited all passengers from entering Kuwait except Kuwaiti citizens
- All commercial flights to/from Kuwait effective 13th of March
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Lebanon (Beirut)
- Flights to/from Beirut suspended from the 18th of Mar to the 29th of March in order to contain the spread of CoronaVirus.
- No commercial flight will be allowed to Land or depart at Beirut airport during this time.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Madagascar
- Flights connecting Madagascar with the rest of the world, without exception, will be suspended from March 20, 2020at 12: 00 am until April 20, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Malawi
- Dated 16 March 2020, travelers from the following countries will be required to undergo a 14 days Self-Quarantine due to the COVI-19 pandemic:
China, Italy, Islamic Republic of Iran, Republic of Korea, Germany, France, Spain, USA, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, UK, Nederland, Norway, Belgium, Austria, Japan, Finland and Greece.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Mali
- Temporarily suspended all passenger flights to Mali effective Thursday, 19 March 2020.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Malaysia
- Effective 18 March 2020 0001hrs, the following Travel restrictions are announced:
- The government announced movement restrictions from 18-31/2020 throughout the country.
- All Malaysians are banned from travelling overseas.
- All Malaysians returning from overseas will be on self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Banning of all foreign tourists.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Mozambique
- Passengers coming to Mozambique from the areas with significant number of corona viruses recorded cases will have to do mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days in their own homes (where they stay). This is applicable for all nationalities including Mozambique nationalities coming back as well.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Namibia
- Suspending flights from Qatar, Ethiopia and Germany following confirmed two COVID-19 cases in the country.
Accordingly, flights from Addis Ababa to Windhoek vice versa will be suspended effective 16 March, 2020 until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Niger
- Niger, Niamey (NIM) International Airport will be closed starting from 19 March 2020 midnight. The airport will be closed for two weeks’ subject to change with the exception of cargo flights
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Norway
- Due to COVID-19 effective 15 March 2020 Norway is closing the border to foreign nationals who don’t have a residence permit in Norway.
- The airports will be open for international flights enabling tourist/foreign nationals to travel out of Norway.
- Any passenger arriving to Norway from any country (Other than Sweden and Finland) upon arrival they will be quarantined for14 days or they will be returned back to origin.
- Airline operators and pilots must inform this to passengers. If the passenger is arriving via Sweden or Finland and the passenger has been outside these countries with in the last 14 days shall be quarantined for 14 days.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Oman
- All Nationalities WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to enter the Sultanate of Oman at all borders EXCEPT FOR OMANI’s and GCC CITIZENS.
- This is effective March 17th, 2020 UNTILL A FURTHER NOTICE.
- All foreign passengers that shall show at the Passport Control will be rejected even if their flight arrived before
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Philippines
- Any passenger, without distinction to Nationality who has been to or transited through Italy and Iran within fourteen (14) days prior to arrival in the Philippines shall be required to present Health Declaration Certificate certifying passenger is COVID-19 free.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Qatar
- All inbound flights to Qatar will be suspended for at least 14 days effective 18 March 2020
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Russia
- Effective 00:00 (UTC +3) March 18, 2020 to May 01, 2020.
- All foreign citizen’s entry to Russia is prohibited, including those entering from Belarus.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- All international flights to/from the kingdom of Saudi Arabia are suspended for two weeks starting Sunday 15th March 11.00 hours.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Rwanda
- KGL Airport will be closed effective 21Mar20 (00:01 local time) for all commercial passenger flights for 30 Days, in connection to COVID-19.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Seychelles
- Effective from 18 March 2020, 2000 hours, Seychelles’ time, Any passenger who has been to ANY country in Europe, including the United Kingdom, Switzerland and the French Departments of Reunion and Mayotte, in the last 14 days (except returning Seychellois citizens) will NOT be allowed to enter Seychelles.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Singapore
- All passengers who have traveled to China in the past 14 days and all passengers who have been in Daegu City and Cheongdo County of Republic of Korea cannot enter Singapore
- Effective from 15 March 2020:
- All new visitors with travel history to France, Germany, Italy and Spain within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore or transit through Singapore.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Somalia
- All Airports in Somalia will be closed effective 19th of March 2020 for 15 days for all Commercial passenger and Cargo flights.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Somali Land
- Effective 18:00 GMT, March 19,2020, all flights from Kenya, Somalia, China, Italy, Iran, France, South Korea and Spain are prohibited from Somaliland Airports for 28 days.
Somaliland Airspace is open and Airports are fully operational as usual.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to South Africa
- Travel ban on foreign nationals from high-risk countries, as of 18th of March 2019
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Sudan
- Sudan has issued a circular suspending the arrival of all passengers to Sudan from the below-listed countries either direct or transited through other points.
- South Korea, North Korea, France, China, Italy, Iran, Spain, Japan, Egypt.
- Sudanese Nationals are exempted from this restriction.
KRT APT is closed from 16 March 2020 – 30 March 2020 for all commercial passenger flights. Only CGO schedule flight and other humanitarian flights are permitted to operate.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Sweden
- Swedish Government has enforced EU’s entry ban. The entry ban comes into effect on March 19th and will be in force for 30 days.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Switzerland
- Only persons meeting one of the below criteria will be allowed to enter Swiss territory as set out in Ordinance 2 on measures to combat the Covid-19 coronavirus.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to TCHAD
- Tchad Ministry of Civil Aviation has announced the suspension of all passenger flights to Chad effective 19 March 2020 midnight for a period of 14 days to contain COVID-19 pandemic.
- All passengers arriving from COVID -19 affected countries from Mar 17-19, 2020 will be quarantined for 14 days effective immediately.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
- UAE will temporarily ban entry for all passengers of all nationalities into UAE starting from 08:00 GMT 19 Mar (Thursday 19 Mar-2020 12:00 UAE local time) and further updated on 21 Mar, 2020 until further notice.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to USA
- Effective 1700 US Eastern Standard Time February 2, 2020, United States has banned any passenger who has been in Peoples Republic of China (PRC) for the past 14 days from entering the country in order to prevent the spread of CoronaVirus.
Ethiopian Flights have been suspended to Zanzibar
- To further mitigate COVID-19 outbreak the government imposed 14 days’ quarantine to all international passengers arriving with schedule flights effective from 23rd March 2020.
For more details, visit https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa/travel-updates/covid-19
Ethiopian Airline Refund or Rebooking due to Coronavirus
Passenger who wants refund for the booked flight or rebook the flight on another date, you can contact the travel agent or Ethiopian office directly.
If you have booked the flight ticket directly with Ethiopian, you can visit here. Customers who booked with a travel agent must contact them for a refund.
To know more details for travel restrictions due to CoronaVirus (nCoVid 19) on many countries, visit here