It is possible to obtain a proof of vaccination certificate for international travel after receiving either one or both doses of your COVID-19 vaccine in Northern Ireland.
Step by step procedure, How to download and obtain COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate to travel Northern Ireland?
COVID certificates can be used for both domestic and international travel.
It’s required that you have an authenticated Nidirect account in order to submit a travel certificate application. Vaccination certificates for minors up to the age of 17 can be requested by parents and guardians through their nidirect account.
As part of the verification process, you’ll have to upload a photo of the young person’s passport.
Your child’s passport photo is required as part of the verification process.
Apply for a new certificate , you will get certificate when
- You have received a vaccine that is safe and effective.
- You are now free of the COVID-19 infection (after a positive PCR test)
- You are selected as an officially recognized for vaccine trial.
- Medical exemption has been granted for you.
Procedure to apply for Covid certificate
- Log in to the website.
- Fill out the details.
- Apply for Nidirect account (you have to create it in order to get certificate)to create an account fill all your personal details and address: Passport or driver’s license photos are required to verify your identity.
- Once you identity is approved you can obtain certificate.
- After creating account in Nidirect you can login with Username and password.
- Then you will get your Covid certificate.
How to access the certificate?
- To get your certificate and download COVIDCert NI app.
- To get the print of certificate ,You can check here.
COVIDCert NI app
This app is only available to Northern Ireland
A confirmation email from the NI COVID Certification Service will be sent to you if your application is not processed automatically. This email will let you know exactly when you can access your certificate online or through the COVIDCertNI app.
Types of Covid Certificate
If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 and need a COVID recovery certificate or an exemption certificate because of a medical condition, you’ll need one of these.
- Vaccination certificates: Northern Ireland residents who have received the COVID-19 vaccine can apply for a certificate of vaccination for international travel and domestic use. All of your doses, including boosters, will be listed on your travel certificate.
- Travel certificate: Six months after the date of application, the NI COVID travel certificate can be used. A week before their expiration date, digital certificates are automatically renewed. International travel is now possible thanks to the QR code and printable certificate.
- Domestic certificate: COVID-19 certification is not required by law but it is strongly recommended and you may be asked for proof to enter certain hospitality venues or businesses or participate in certain events. A domestic certificate can be applied for in the COVIDCert NI app as soon as you have the travel certificate in hand. After clicking the “+ Activate Domestic Certificate” button, you will be prompted to take a selfie and the certificate will be displayed on your home screen. By following the instructions above and selecting the option that you are participating in an officially recognized vaccine trial, you can apply for a COVID letter for domestic use.
- Paper certificates : The telephone number to call if you are unable to apply for your vaccination certificates online is 0300 200 7814, which is open Monday through Friday from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm. This number can also be used to request a paper version. This is a help line for an application. If you have questions about vaccination requirements for a particular country, call handlers can’t help you. In person identification verification at a predetermined time and location will take longer than the digital process. You should plan accordingly. The printed certificate may take up to ten working days to arrive after the identity checks have been completed.
- Recovery certificate: You may be eligible for a COVID recovery certificate if you’ve had a positive COVID PCR test. Following your self-isolation and up to 180 days after taking the test, recovery certificates are available. This includes tests taken for international travel purposes. You can hold both certificate which includes recovery and Vaccination certificate. Validity of the certificate will be limited to 180 days following receipt of the positive PCR test result. To gain access to UK premises where proof of COVID-19 is required, you must wait 30 days after testing positive before using your certificate. A recovery certificate is issued 10 days after a positive test for international travel.
- Exemption certificate: If you are unable to receive a vaccination against COVID-19 due to a medical condition, you can apply for a medical exemption certificate. To obtain a domestic COVID certificate, you must show that you have medical exemption. A medical exemption certificate will look exactly like the domestic certificate that is used by people who have been fully vaccinated. To apply for this exemption, a phone number is provided to obtain a printed certificate. A digital certificate will be sent to you once your payment has been received.
There are only a few reasons for exemptions. The following are some examples of when someone may be exempt:
- Receiving palliative care (the care of the dying) in which vaccination is not recommended.
- having a learning disability or autistic people who cannot be vaccinated with reasonable adjustments
- Medically ineligible individuals, such as those who are allergic to any of the current vaccines.
- first-dose users who experienced severe side effects
Some short-term medical conditions will also be eligible for time-limited exemptions.
- Single dose letters: For those who have only received a single COVID vaccination in Northern Ireland, a single dose letter is available for you.
- EU COVID certificate: Residents of Northern Ireland who have a valid Irish passport and have been vaccinated in NI are eligible to apply for an EU COVID certificate.