Table of Contents
Global Entry Card
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program to speed up the border crossings to enter United States by air / land / sea travel for the pre-approved traveler and low-risk traveler. Global Entry member can enter United States quickly without a hassle using self-kiosk located in the entry port.
The Global Entry Program is designed for travelers who annually make frequent international trips. Through Global Entry Card, Global Entry member can check in fast through the Global entry lane, SENTRI lane, NEXUS lane.
Eligibility to apply for Global Entry program (Global Entry Card)
- Applicant should be U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents
- Citizens of Argentina
- Citizens of India
- Citizens of Colombia
- Citizens of United Kingdom
- Citizens of Germany
- Citizens of Panama
- Citizens of Singapore
- Citizens of South Korea
- Citizens of Switzerland
- Citizens of Taiwan
- Mexican nationals
*Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP.
Reasons for Ineligibility to join Global Entry
The below listed points may be the reason for ineligibility to join the Global Entry program.
- provides false information (or)
- under any criminal offense (or)
- violations to customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country
Benefits of Global Entry Card:
- Fast processing lines in the airport / sea port
- Reduced waiting times
- Expedited entry access in the other countries
Usage of Global Entry Card
- Global Entry cards use radio frequency identification chips which can be used in SENTRI and NEXUS lanes while entering the US at the land borders.
- Expedited entry into the United States via the SENTRI and NEXUS lanes.
- Card is not valid for entry in to Canada through the NEXUS lanes.
- Passport or lawful permanent resident card are accepted at Global Entry kiosks.
- Global Entry card cannot be used at Global Entry kiosks.
- NEXUS cards are accepted at Global Entry kiosks located on Canadian Preclearance Airports.
Global Entry Official website: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
Validity of Global Entry membership card
Global Entry card is valid for 5 years.
How to apply and obtain Global Entry Card to access Global Entry program?
View the list of steps to apply for Global Entry membership
Overall, there are 4 step process
- Visit the official website of trusted traveler program and create an account
- Login and fill the application form
- Schedule an interview at any nearest Global entry enrollment center
- Complete the whole process.
Global Entry: 4-6 months
NEXUS: 12-14 months
SENTRI: 10-12 months
FAST: 1-2 weeks
Here are the detailed steps to apply Global entry program:
2. Sign in or create an account. While creating account, provide email to proceed.
3. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Click to confirm with in 24 hours. Then create a password after confirming.
4. Once set up password, you will be asked for authentication set up. Set up the security method to proceed to the next step.
5. Select the Global Entry program to apply.
6. Enter the personal details and confirm. Your account will be created after providing all the required details.
7. Select program as Global Entry if you want to apply for global entry
8. Fill the application
9. Upload the required documents such as passport for proof of citizenship,
10. Upload Driver’s license
11. Provide employment information as the list of working places. You need to list at least one employment status.
12. List the countries you have been travelled if any (Travel history)
13. Answer all the background question regarding criminal offense, any custom or immigration or law violations in any country to check for the eligibility.
14. Review your application and continue to process the application.
15. Pay the required fee.
16. Your application will be approved by US
17. Once the risk assessment by the United States is complete, you will receive an email on the dashboard of your TTP account
18. After the approval, you are required to attend the interview at Global entry enrollment center upon arrival into airport or at any center in USA.
19. You can activate the Global entry membership id card if required.
20. Once approved, you must have your iris captured in order to use the Global entry kiosks to enter USA.
How to schedule / select interview location for Global entry card?
- Visit https://ttp.dhs.gov/schedulerui/schedule-interview/date
- Choose an appointment date and location
- Finally select and confirm
- Upon confirmation, you will receive an email
How to renew Global Entry membership Card online?
- Visit TTP website
- Select Manage membership
- Select the renew application button
- Make the payment to renew
- It is not necessary to attend the interview for Global entry card renewal
Click the link to view the contact details and location Global Entry enrollment center in USA to attend the interview or to call for any queries.
What is the Global Entry Processing fee / Cost and method to pay
Adult: US $100 (Application fee)
Child under 18: Free of charge (if eligible)
How to pay?
- If you are submitting Global Entry application via online, you can pay at the time of submitting the application through Trusted Traveler Program System using credit card (or) an electronic bank transfer.
- If you are submitting Global Entry application via mail, fee must be mailed along with the completed application form to a
How to activate your Global Entry card?
Global Entry Login
- Log in to TTP account
- Click the button “Activate Membership Card” under the Program Membership(s) section on the Homepage
Documents required to bring on Global Entry Interview day
On the scheduled interview date, you need to bring the required documents which are proof of residency, citizenship,
- Proof of citizenship
- Passport (required for Global Entry)
- Proof that you are allowed to enter the United States
- Permanent Resident Card (if you are a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States).
Note: This card must have a machine readable zone if you are applying for Global Entry.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof that you live at the address you provide for your current address
How to track global entry application status?
- Visit www.ttp.dhs.gov
- You can check the status at the TTP dashboard
How to use Global Entry Kiosk?
- Place the machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card in the kiosk
- Place your fingers on the scanner to get fingerprint verification and complete a customs declaration
- Follow the instructions to proceed.
- Answer the required questions to complete the process
Required documents to use at the Global entry Kiosk for US lawful permanent resident
- I-551 permanent resident card should be used at the Global Entry kiosk for U.S. lawful permanent residents.
Airports with Global Entry Kiosks
List of Airports having Global Entry Kiosks
*No enrollment centers at these locations.
For more details, visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
Contact Transportation Security Administration (Global Entry) on Social Media
Can children enroll in the Global entry program?
Yes, Children can enroll. Children under18 years are required to have parent / legal guardian permission.