Due to the novel CoronaVirus (nCoVid 19), many countries restricted the travel. Update your contact details via Manage booking to receive the latest updates or notifications regarding coronavirus or any updates in American airline. Customers can also check the website for the latest flight updates, rebooking and refund options.
Flight Change or Cancel:
You can either change your travel dates or change your destination by login My Trip and follow the instructions.
Rebook your flight:
If you have booked a flight with a scheduled departure until 31 May 2020, please see below rebooking options we can offer you. Please note that this policy does not replace the existing policies for specific destinations.
Apply for a refund
You are entitled to a full refund of your ticket if you meet all requirements listed:
- you are travelling to or from the above mentioned location(s) until Sunday 31 May 2020
- you did not travel
How to request a refund
- If you bought your ticket via KLM.com, a KLM ticket office or the KLM Customer Contact Centre, and your ticket number starts with 074, you can apply for a refund online in just a few steps. You can also call us, but lines may be quite busy.
- If you booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly to request a refund.
KLM Flights have been suspended to Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy Flights Closure of Terminal 1 at Fiumicino Airport – 17 March 2020
- Due to the closure of Terminal 1 at Fiumicino Airport from 17 March 2020, all our flights to, from or via Fiumicino Airport will be moved to Terminal 3.
KLM Flights have been suspended to Bologna, Italy
Bologna, Italy Flights Closure of Guglielmo Marconi Airport – From 16 September to 21 September 2020
- Due to runway maintenance, Guglielmo Marconi Airport in Bologna will be closed from 16 September to 21 September 2020. Because of this, all our flights to, from or via Guglielmo Marconi Airport on these dates are cancelled.
- Call KLM Customer Contact Centre: +39 02 38591272 or contact us through social media. (24/7)
KLM Flights have been suspended to Edinburgh Airport, United Kingdom
Edinburgh Airport, United Kingdom – Construction work until 29 March 2020
From 29 October 2019 up to 29 March 2020, Edinburgh Airport will undertake significant terminal improvements. This could affect your journey through the airport. We’ve revised our check-in closure time to 60 minutes before departure. Please aim to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before departure as it may take longer than usual to drop off your baggage.