What are the Screening procedures for transgender persons at the airport
TSA makes sure all the travelers are treated equally with respect and courtesy where the screening procedure will be conducted without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, religion or disability.
- Up on arrival to the airport security checkpoint, all the transgender persons must be screened at the security checkpoint using the advanced imaging technology.
- The advanced imaging technology use the software that looks the anatomy of men and women differently.
- If there is any alarm while screening, TSA officers will clear the alarm.
- If you need a private screening, you may request or to speak with the officer.
For more information, please contact Civil Rights and Liberties office
TSA customer care phone, email
Email TSA Cares
Federal Relay: 711
8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
How to post a complaint to Civil Rights and Liberties?
You can raise a complaint here
- Click the above link and select your complaint
- Select the airport name, airline name, flight number, journey date and time
- Describe your complaints in the given message box
- You can mention the witness(es) if you wish
- If you know TSA employee name, mention it
- Enter your contact details and the personal details
- Click the consent box and submit
For more details, visit https://www.tsa.gov/transgender-passengers