What are the procedures or forms required to submit when you enter or transit in to China during COVID-19 pandemic?
Traveling to China during COVID-19
During this COVID 19 pandemic situation, passengers who wants to travel or transit to China must follow the below mentioned procedures
Note: Before plan to travel to China, please check with your travel agent or airline about the further requirements.
Passengers must take PCR + serological IgM antibody test (blood test) which costs around EUR 195.00 including VAT. Effective from November 2020, passengers arriving to China from COVID-19 (Corona virus) risk areas will be required to submit a valid negative COVID-19 certificate
- If the passenger is fully vaccinated, they are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate and vaccine certificate. No need to self quarantine. Get viral test after arrival.
- If the passenger is not vaccinated, they are required to submit a COVID-19 negative certificate and viral test prior 1 to 2 days before departure. They must be in self quarantine after arrival.
Procedure to travel back to China
- Passengers must take the new coronavirus nucleic acid test at the recognized center 3 days prior to the departure.
- Apply for a green health code with the “HS” mark or a health declaration code (QR code) with a negative test certificate.
- You can apply for “HS/HDC” at the Chinese Embassy or consulate in your departing country. For this passengers must take direct flights from their departing country to China. Transit passenger will not able to apply for “HS/HDC” to travel to China.
- For more details, visit your nearest Chinese embassy or consulate website
How to apply for HS/HDC to travel to China?
What is HS / HDC?
*Health code / Health Declaration Code is a QR code generated and sent by Chinese embassy or consulate.
Step by step procedure to apply HS / HDC
- Passengers arriving to China must upload negative COVID-19 test certificate (PCR + IgM), travel itinerary, residence certificates, visas and other documents as required by Chinese embassy or consulate in your departing country.
- If the test result is positive, passenger needs to provide lung CT or X-ray examination report produced by local recognized hospital, as well as two PCR negative test certificates (with at least 24 hours interval). Passenger must undergo self quarantine for 14 days.
- After producing COVID 19 negative test certificate with in 48 hours prior to departure, Chinese embassy or consulate will issue “HS/HDC”.
- Passengers must present the electronic or printed code, and follow the procedures for inspection by relevant airlines during boarding.
Travelers arriving from US, Jordan, Saudi Arabia to China:
- Passengers arriving from US to China must produce negative COVID-19 nucleic acid RT-PCR Test certificate.
- Passengers arriving from Jordan to China must produce negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests certificate within 48 hours before boarding the flights and then apply for a green health code with the “HS/HDC” mark.
- Passengers arriving from Saudi Arabia to China must produce negative nucleic acid test result at least 14 days before boarding the flight and negative nucleic acid test, IgM anti-body test results within 48 hours before boarding the flight
- Submit Health declaration form
- You need to upload the COVID test certificate in the health declaration form and submit.
- Once submitted, it will be sent for approval to Chinese embassy in your destination. Chinese embassy will verify and send Electronic Health Declaration Form, which will be displayed in QR code with the “HDC” mark. Passengers must present the electronic or printed code, and follow the procedures for inspection by relevant airlines during boarding.
- For any enquiries, email [email protected] (Jordan residents) and website
Book here at coronolab for PCR + serological IgM antibody test
For more details, visit: https://coronalab.eu/en/igm-duo-test-china/
PCR Test location in China
You can check here for COVID-19 test centers location to take COVID 19 PCR test / IGM test / IGG test in China here