What are the procedures or forms to submit when you enter or transit in to Hong Kong?
Traveling to Hong Kong during COVID 19
During this COVID 19 pandemic situation, passengers who wants to travel or transit to Hong Kong must follow the below mentioned procedures
Note: Before plan to travel to Hong Kong, please check with your travel agent or airline about the further requirements.
- Passengers must use online form for the health declaration (Check the details below)
- Effective from 1st March 2021, government employees and members of the public must scan the QR code from the LeaveHomeSafe mobile app
- Passengers must take RT-PCR nucleic acid test and provide a negative certificate
- Book the designated hotels for quarantine. (Check the list below)
- Once arrived into the airport, you need to take COVID test (nasal and throat swab).
- If the test result is negative, you can proceed to the quarantine place and if the test result is positive, you will be guided by the health professionals.
- Once you arrived into quarantine location, activate StayHomeSafe app (follow the instruction)
- You are required to take test on 11th day by the government provided kit.
- On the 19th or 20th day following your arrival into Hong Kong, you will undergo another test in accordance with the instructions provided
COVID test type accepted to enter in to Hong Kong
COVID-19 test type: RT-PCR nucleic acid test
How to use health declaration form to travel Hong Kong?
Submit the health declaration form to HKSAR Department of Health: Health & Quarantine Information Declaration for the travel.
- Go to the the online health declaration form
- Select the port you want to enter
- Enter the personal details (Name, gender, date of birth, nationality, ID card number, Passport number etc.)
- Enter the recent travel history
- Enter the symptom of fever / cold / cough / sore throat / breathing difficulty if any
- Enter the flight details
- If you have completed a full cycle / course of COVID-19 vaccination 14 days before the scheduled departure date, mention as yes or no
- Enter the contact details and quarantine details.
- Once completed all the details, a QR code will be generated which you need to show on the arrival to the airport.
- QR code is valid for 48 hours
List of approved / recognized lab for COVID 19 test in Guangdong, Macao SAR, Hong Kong
For any enquiries, contact
Clerical Officer, Port Health Division, Department of Health by email at [email protected]
Fax: 2833 0132